Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations™ Severe Weather Cancellation Policy
At Universal Orlando Resort, we know how important your vacation is to you and your family. And while we can guarantee an incredible vacation experience here at Universal Orlando, we unfortunately can't make any guarantees about the weather.
If a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Orlando area or for your place of residence no more than 7 days before your scheduled arrival date, you can call in advance to cancel or reschedule your Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations hotel accommodations and Universal Orlando theme park tickets without any cancellation or change fees imposed. Additional elements including air, car rental or other theme park tickets are separate and not part of this policy.
Orlando is located 40 miles from the Atlantic coast, which means it is rare that our area is severely impacted by hurricanes. In fact, Orlando's inland location makes it a primary destination for coastal residents and visitors who are seeking shelter from an approaching storm. The Orlando community puts a tremendous amount of resources into planning and preparing for guest safety in the event of any emergency situation, including severe weather.
Terms & Conditions:
- This policy is in effect for travel from June 1, 2017 through November 30, 2017.
- Reservations must have been booked a minimum of 7 days in advance and cancelled before 6pm the day prior to arrival.
- Waiver of penalties for cancellation or change applies to hotel accommodations and Universal Orlando theme park tickets only booked through Universal Parks and Resorts Vacations.
- All amounts paid to Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations for accommodations and Universal Orlando theme park tickets will be applied towards a new reservation for guests wanting to reschedule vacation dates, but additional elements including air, car rental or other theme park tickets and any non-refundable payments, cancellation or change fees assessed by these elements may not be available for credit or application towards such new reservation.
- Availability of same accommodations cannot be guaranteed for rescheduled vacations dates.
- This policy does not apply to guest staying at group rates. Guests with group rates must contact their respective meeting/group planner directly for cancellation policy.